The optometrist assistant is responsible for managing eye exam appointments. They welcome patients, open their file and prepare the eye exam by performing certain pretests. They play an essential role in supporting clientele by ensuring they are directed to the right services at each step of their visit. Depending on in-store traffic, duties may also include advising the customer on choice of frame.
- Receive customers in a courteous and professional manner, either on the phone or in person.
- Schedule optometrist appointments.
- Open and prepare patient files for visit.
- Perform pretests.
- Enter necessary and valid patient information in the computer system.
- Notify customers that their order is ready.
- Ensure workplace is well organized, clean and tidy.
- Handle the filing of patient files.
- Undertake follow-ups asked by floor staff.
- Be familiar with product inventory in order to accompany customers during the purchase process.
- Carry out certain orders.
- Work on an ongoing basis with the sales and professional team on the floor.
- Follow up on and manage the list of people to call.
- Respond to the customer on the phone in a satisfactory fashion, ensuring that they receive all the information necessary to make the best decision.
- Provide customers with solutions adapted to their needs (appointment, store/clinic, promotion of our services).
- Manage customer dissatisfaction regarding prior visit and convince them to return.
- Act in a professional manner at all times.
- Enter correct information in the computer system and on the call back sheet in order to gather required statistics.
- Completed high-school diploma
- At least 2 years of experience in customer service/retail
- Experience as a receptionist/optometrist assistant in an optometry clinic
a major asset
- Excellent customer service skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate well with people
- Talent for identifying and listening to customers’ needs
- Highly organized
- Team player
- Versatile and adaptable
- Comfortable using computer technology
* This is a part-time position, Friday and Saturday day.
Thank you to our partners
Need help with your job research?