Description of the organization
The Carrefour jeunesse-emploi (CJE) de Verdun is a non-profit organization that aims at the integration into employment or the return to school of youths and adults between the ages of 15 and 35 from Verdun and the island of Montreal.
Description of tasks
In order to promote the socio-professional integration of the clientele, the professional development counsellor will have to :
- Conduct individual counseling interviews.
- Identify barriers to employment and intervene on them.
- Write individualized intervention plans.
- Help participants learn and use job search methods, techniques and strategies.
- Research academic and career information.
- Create and facilitate workshops and group activities to address certain psychosocial issues.
- Conduct frequent follow-ups with participants.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with partners in the community.
- Participate in meetings with stakeholders.
- Collaborate in the realization of special projects.
- Compile statistics and reports on the clientele.
- At least three months experience in a similar position.
- Bachelor’s degree in career development or counseling.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Permanent position of 70 hours every two weeks, from Monday to Friday, during the day, and on rotation on Tuesday evenings.
- Salary and benefits: according to the collective agreement.
For further details on the jobs visit their website
Please submit your application to Jocelyn Fraser, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org before May 13th 2023.
Thanks to our partners
Need help in your job search?