The Carrefour jeunesse-emploi de Verdun is looking to fill 2 (two) positions on its Board of Directors.
The organization’s mission is to promote the socio-professional integration of young people and adults aged 15 to 35, regardless of their economic situation. The CJE offers specialized needs assessment, intervention, referral and follow-up services, while respecting their individuality in order to improve their quality of life.
What they are looking for
Administrators must demonstrate an ethical sense, while respecting the mission and values of the organization. They must be independent by serving in their personal capacity in the best interests of the organization, without external influence. Administrators must demonstrate strategic thinking and a willingness to support the evolution and advancement of the organization and be prepared to devote the effort required to this end. They must commit to collaborating, sharing their experiences and expertise, and working as a team. They must demonstrate honesty and loyalty, maintain the confidentiality of information exchanged during board meetings and avoid placing themselves in a conflict of interest situation.
Involvement in the board of directors
Board members play a key role in the governance of the organization. Through their knowledge and skills, they contribute to ensuring the development, growth and sustainability of the organization.
– About 8 meetings per year (evenings, weekdays) in the premises located in Verdun (2 minutes from the de l’Église metro station); Virtual for the moment due to Covid-19;
– Occasional involvement desired (depending on your availability) in the context of special projects (working committees or other);
– Ensure that the organization complies with the laws and regulations to which it is subject;
– Decide on the main strategic orientations, priorities and objectives of the organization;
– Ensure that the organization executes its vision and business strategy in accordance with its mission, policies, practices and values;
Start date: As soon as possible | Term of office: 2 years renewable | Type of work: Volunteer
Deadline to apply: September 30, 2022
To apply: please forward your CV and a brief summary of your motivations for joining our organization’s Board of Directors to Jocelyn Fraser, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org | 514-767-9971 ext # 220
Need help with your job research?