The Carrefour jeunesse-emploi (CJE) de Verdun is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping young people and adults aged 15 to 35 in Verdun and L’Île-des-Sœurs integrate into the workforce, return to school, stay in school and become socially independent.
Tasks of the Communications Department
Reporting to the General Manager and working in collaboration with another communications advisor, the communications advisor (graphic design and video profile) contributes to :
- Develop and implement the organization’s annual communications plan;
- Manage and update the organization’s social networks and website;
- Design various promotional tools (digital and print);
- Write and/or layout reports, press releases, blog articles, newsletters, etc. ;
- Photograph and film CJE activities and special projects;
- Take part in representation activities;
- Coordinate the work of various external suppliers (printer, graphic designer, etc.).
Specific tasks of the person sought
- Design and produce graphics for various visuals and documents (print and digital);
- Film and edit documentary and promotional videos for distribution on YouTube, Instagram and TikTok;
- Photograph and edit photos of various CJE projects and activities, mainly for the Web and social networks;
Depending on the skills and interests of the selected candidate, other tasks in the Communications Department may be assigned.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a similar position.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related discipline.
- Fluency in French and good knowledge of English (oral and written).
- Creativity and ability to work as part of a team;
- Sense of initiative and organization;
- Excellent command of the following tools Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Premiere Pro), Canva, CMS WordPress and MS Office.
- Very good knowledge of social media, particularly Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok and YouTube.
- Ability to use the following tools is an asset: Meta Business Suite (especially the ad manager), Google Ads / Google Ad Grants, Cyberimpact, Lightroom, InDesign and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of employability and/or community organizations (an asset).
- One-year contract (maternity leave replacement)
- Work schedule: 21h per week, mainly day shifts (evening or weekend work on occasion only).
- Salary offered: between $22.26 and $29.42 per hour, depending on experience and the salary scale in the collective agreement. Please note that the salary scale is currently under review and will be adjusted and increased shortly.
- Benefits: short- and long-term insurance, group insurance (drug, health and dental) and access to an employee assistance program after the 6-month probation period; a bank of sick days and personal days; an annual training budget;
- teleworking policy in effect; flexible hours; social activities; and more!
Please send your resume and/or portfolio, and cover letter by Sunday, December 3, 2023 by email to email@example.com.
Expected start date: January 8, 2024.
Carrefour jeunesse-emploi de Verdun would like to thank all applicants for their interest in our organization. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTNERS
Need help in your job search?