Description of the 3RVélo Verdun project:
Initiated by the CJE de Verdun in the summer of 2022, the project puts cycling in the spotlight through various activities thanks to the involvement of Verdun volunteers and several partners. The activities put in place aim to make cycling accessible to their fellow citizens and contribute to the fight against climate change:
– By putting into practice the principles of the 3RV to reduce our environmental footprint;
– By encouraging and facilitating cycling as an active and sustainable transportation mode;
– By offering free activities and services to Verdun residents, especially families and low-income earners.
In concrete terms, the volunteers, in collaboration with the people hired for this summer project, will:
– Learn the basics of bicycle mechanics and road safety;
– Maintain the basic bicycle maintenance and repair kiosk, welcoming people experiencing problems with their bikes and carrying out basic repairs;
– Ensure the preparation and smooth running of activities offered free of charge to families and citizens of Verdun.
Watch the pilot project video (Projet Vélo 2022) to get a taste of the project!
Under the supervision of the general manager, the project coordinator will be responsible for:
– Overseeing and coordinating the programming of activities for the 2024 edition;
– Recruit, train, manage, supervise and evaluate new employees and volunteers dedicated to the project;
– Negotiate and sign various agreements with funders, suppliers and sponsors;
– Draft funding applications to ensure the project’s long-term viability;
– Engage the Verdun community by organizing events and activities.
– Conduct team and individual meetings with project staff and volunteers;
– Enhance activities and services throughout the project;
– Write final reports on activities carried out during the project, as well as those intended for sponsors;
– Maintain contact with the various partners involved in the activities, informing them of when they should participate in the project;
– Participate in CJE meetings.
– Over 3 months’ experience in project management or a similar position.
– Training or experience in psychosocial intervention an asset.
– A high degree of autonomy (ability to work with very little supervision).
– Ability and interest in creating meaningful relationships with young people aged 15 to 35.
– Bilingualism (French/English) required.
– One-year contract, with possibility of renewal;
– Seventy (70) hours every two weeks, mainly during the day and some evenings occasionally, and rarely on weekends.
– Cell phone for out-of-office work provided.
– Salary: $31 per hour
– Excellent teamwork.
Please submit your application to Jocelyn Fraser, General Manager at email@example.com before Friday, October 27, 2023.
Start date: as soon as possible.
Need help in your job search?